Google Translate app for iOS version 1.3.0 update boosts support for iPad. This app just used to work for iPhone and iPod Touch recently. There are no other new features integrated with the latest Google Translate app for iOS except iPad Suport. For the new Translation requests google translator needs an existing internet connection, therefore if you are in a foreign country, you should particualrly look for a WLAN connection or a suitable Data tariffs.
Updated Version 1.3.0 Features include:
- Added support for iPad
- Translate text between 63 languages
- Translate by speaking the text instead of typing it (17 languages)
- Listen to your translations spoken aloud (24 languages)
- Display translations in full screen mode to make it easier for others nearby to read
- Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
- Access your translation history even when you’re offline
- Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc..) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
This application requires iOS 3.0 or higher and the new version 1.3.0 now supports the iPad in full resolution.